The essence of love and compassion is understanding,
the ability to recognize the physical, material, and psychological suffering of others, to put ourselves “inside the skin” of the other.
We “go inside” their body, feelings, and mental formations,
and witness for ourselves their suffering.
Shallow observation as an outsider is not enough to see
We must become one with the subject of our observation.
When we are in contact with another’s suffering,
a feeling of compassion is born in us.
Compassion means, literally, “to suffer with.”
~ Thích Nhất Hạnh ~
What’s New Today on Global Light Minds
- Daily Inspiration ~ December 17th
- Daily I Ching ~ December 17th
- Being Spontaneous ~ Sahaj
- Sagittarius-Gemini Full Moon ~ Dec 15 – 19, 2013
- Doreen Virtue’s Weekly Angel Oracle Card Reading ~ December 16 – 22, 2013
- Daily Inspiration ~ December 16th
- Daily I Ching ~ December 16th
- Sabian Sage Weekly Forecast ~ December 16 – 22, 2013
- Cosmic Astrology Journal ~ December 16 – 22, 2013
- Hilarion’s Weekly Message ~ December 15-22, 2013