We all experience moments when we feel lonely, sad, empty, frustrated, or afraid. We fill up our feelings with a movie or a sandwich. We buy things to suppress our pain, despair, anger, and depression. We find a way to consume, in the hopes that it will obliterate the feelings. Even if a TV show isn’t interesting, we still watch it. We think anything is better than experiencing the malaise, the ill-being in us.
We have lost sight of the reality that we already have all the conditions we need for our own happiness.
~ Thích Nhất Hạnh ~
What’s New Today on Global Light Minds
- Daily Inspiration ~ October 12th
- Daily I Ching ~ October 12th
- Daily Inspiration ~ October 11th
- Daily I Ching ~ October 11th
- The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success ~ Deepak Chopra
- First evidence of comet striking Earth believed found in Egypt
- Ming the Mechanic ~ A Samurai’s Creed
- Your Horoscope ~ October 10 – 16, 2013
- Daily Inspiration ~ October 10th
- Daily I Ching ~ October 10th