Music is, to me, proof of the existence of God. It is so extraordinarily full of magic, and in tough times of my life I can listen to music and it makes such a difference.
~ Kurt Vonnegut ~
When you find yourself feeling out of sorts, try one of the following actions and see what happens:
1. Clear the air. Do something to shift your energy. Take a shower, change your clothes, or tidy up your office. If you’re at home, vacuum the living room, open a window, or even change the sheets on your bed. As you take these simple actions, imagine yourself clearing energy that might be fueling the bad cycle.
2. Get into motion. One of the quickest ways to change your mental state is to get up and move your body. For example, when you’re feeling overwhelmed, resist the temptation to work even harder to get organized. Instead, take a brisk walk or go for a bike ride. You might even stand up in your office and do thirty jumping jacks. Be sure to shut the door first .
3. Shift your thinking. Shift your negative thoughts to positive ones as quickly as you can. Recall a favorite childhood song and start singing it out loud (Trust me, “Row, row, row your boat” or “Twinkle, twinkle little star” will make you laugh and feel better). Or, you could pick up an inspirational book, open to any page and start reading out loud. For some people, taking a nap can do the trick. Sometimes it helps to shut down your mind for a while so you can wake up feeling refreshed and clear-headed. I’ve been doing this lately and it works wonders!
4. Put on some music. There’s nothing that shifts my mood quicker than music.
~ Jorge Indigocrystalcoach ~
~ Artist: Josephine Wall
What’s New Today on Global Light Minds
- Daily Inspiration ~ July 10th
- Daily I Ching ~ July 10th
- Why Being Scared Means You’re Fully Alive ~
- Crescent Moon and Venus at Dusk ~
- Daily Inspiration ~ July 9th
- Daily I Ching ~ July 9th
- How to Nurture an Abundance Mentality ~
- Sabian Sage Weekly Forecast ~ July 8 -14, 2013
- Daily Inspiration ~ July 8th
- Daily I Ching ~ July 8th